Friday, June 11, 2010

~Help Change The World With Me~

So a couple of days ago, I found out that after a year of actually no one hassling me about how I look, well, the first person actually did. To decide to discriminate me, just because of how I look and then straight away dislike me giving me no chance to prove myself.

Everyone looks different, no one will ever look the same. I know I'm not perfect, and that I cant change how I look because that's who I am. It defines me from everyone else. Hardly anybody is perfect to everyone else, there's always gonna be something for them to pick on some thing to criticize. And it's understandable to be suspicious of someone who looks different from the norm. Even me, with my difference, have shunned those who I feel are not right. But what I don't do is try not to understand their position, and eventually, I find out that, inside, their all the same, and in fact, they are normal, more normal than everyone else is because they have been exposed to the harsh reality that the world presents them with but they still get through and still manage to laugh and smile like everyone else. That's what annoys me the most is that people don't present others with a chance to prove themselves differently... Not just people who look different, but also people who act their own way.

But when I look to afterwards.. There are people who don't actually care too much about how people look, and there ARE people who search beyond looks. They get to know others, they see them for what they really are underneath, and they also find that some of them, are amazing for what they can offer the society with their ideas and everything. They accept anyone, they give everyone a second chance at being "normal" even though normal is such a broad term.

People like this give me hope that the world isnt collapsing into a void of a society based on looks only with no personality searching at all. These people are those who give everyone hope and make them want to be like them, and therefore they spread around their acceptance and infect others with it. These are the people who change the world in the end.

For those who think that this was a rant about me and how people should accept just me... It's not. This is a rant about everyone including you and anyone else who might be reading this post right now. It's asking you to stop being so judgemental about everyone if you can help it and help to change the world.

Love you all,

Song Lam

3 comments:

  1. That is the truth you speak! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. being judgemental is such a waste of time and energy :l as a lazy person it's not in my interest to try to figure out what a person is like before I get to know them =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being judgemental and superficial is human instinct. :[
    But yeah, sucks, but hey, at least most of us don't let that control us. :P

    ReplyDelete