Monday, April 12, 2010

~Tears~

When I saw the tears flowing down your face, at that point I knew, that because the world was so hard on you, crying wasn't really a bad thing.
The tears you cry, are tears of sadness for the suffering throughout this earth. It was your way of expressing your thoughts, that were so strong that they could not be materialized into words. Your tears... were your heart.
But for me, I couldn't cry, my tears could not show what I felt inside of me. At that point, when my life shattered I could not show the pain that was cutting me up inside. I was bleeding internally with no way to release it. All I could do was cry tears within me. It numbed my pain, but could not dissolve it.
And when you came into my life, I could not cry the tears of joy that I felt at being repaired. Everything was inside of me. I could not express anything that I could ever have felt for you. I was too afraid of losing everything by showing my tears. I had to be strong, for those who could not be strong themselves, who needed someone to be strong for them, had to be strong, for those who were preying on me being weak, had to be strong, for myself.
I told myself that tears were for the weak, for those who could not hold themselves together at times of pain and distress. And I would never become weak.

And yet, here I am, crying like a fool, because you came into my life, and I never want to let you go, or lose you in any way. My tears, are for you now.

~Love you all~

Song Lam

1 comment:

  1. Wow. . .that was just. . .amazing. You really have a gift of poetry! Keep up the good work ><

    ReplyDelete