Tuesday, February 23, 2010

With Love (in my own words)

Just before I close my eyes, and open them the next day, my thoughts drift back to you. Your face whether it was sad or joyous too hard for me to describe, your eyes that sparked with amusement everytime I was with you and your radiant smile, everytime I saw it I would feel light inside no matter what I had felt throughout the day you could always lift me up.

When you cried I wanted to be there, to comfort you no matter how far the distance, whether you were right next door or halfway across the world. When you had something great happen to you that day, I loved how I was the first one that you rang up or ran to find and tell. I couldnt tell what it was back then.

Everyday, when I see your picture, everytime I hear your name. Even when people call their friends I look around, hoping that it would be you. But then, every single time, when I'm wrong, I hate myself for thinking that you would still be with me, because now all you are is a distant memory, of fond times and a shared love and loss. The saviour to my darkness, and the oppressor of my pain, you were my World, my Life, my Everything.
That's what Love feels like to me. And no matter how many times I try to forget, there's no denying what I feel inside. I Miss You and one day, I'll be with you, somewhere, no matter how.

With Love,

Song Lam

No comments:

Post a Comment