Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Freedom

As I sat there, across from the man who held my life within his hands. That key was all that kept me in these chains that held me down.. He noticed my wistful gaze on his right hand and smmile slowly.. A smile that never reached his eyes. Slowly the key returned to his pocket, and slowly, deliberately he asked me...

"What Do You Want In Life? What Do You Hope To Achieve? What Would You Gain From Release?"

I thought carefully as I prepared my answer knowing that one word could send me back never to see the daylight again. Never to see Her again.... Then, the words formed on my lips and flowed out without effort...

"Love, Loss, Happiness And Grief, I've Had All Of Those, What I Want Now Is Freedom. To Soar Without Any Chains Bound To My Aching Feet, That Is My Only Desire"

As I said that, his face grew haggard and his eyes reminded me of someone who had seen many terrible things throughout his life. The Jailer seemed older now than ever before right at this moment...

"With Every Freedom There Comes A Price, Which Some Are Not Willing To Pay, Do You Understand The Consequences?"

"Of All These Years In My Life, I Have Finally Learnt The One Thing That I Should Have Long Ago. Everything Has A Price, And Yes, I Am Willing To Pay Anything For Freedom From This Dark Hole" I answered coolly, meeting his gaze for the first time for this conversation.

The Jailer held my gaze for a moment, then abruptly stood up.
"Then Be Free, And Live Once More"

~Buying Freedom, The Catharsis, By Song Lam~

No comments:

Post a Comment